A 1998 graduate of The University of South Carolina School of Law with a Juris Doctorate, native Columbia, SC Jonathan Milling has an extensive civil and criminal trial litigation background. Beginning with his first appointment as a prosecutor with the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office, Attorney Milling has successfully prosecuted felonies and misdemeanors in Circuit and Magistrate courts through trial or guilty plea. Cases included murder, trafficking in narcotics, armed robberies, criminal sexual conduct, and burglaries.
After gaining a wealth of experience as a prosecutor, Jonathan went on to represent civil and criminal clients in a variety of actions in both Federal and State Courts in South Carolina. As outlined in the practice areas, Jonathan represents clients in a variety of matters, including investigation, prosecution and defense of actions and service as trial counsel, and where appropriate appellate counsel. Mr. Milling also has experience conducting internal investigations of corporate entities under suspicion of wrongdoing.
As the founding member of Milling Law Firm, LLC, Jonathan represents civil and criminal clients in Federal and State Courts throughout South Carolina and before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals and United States Supreme Court.
Jonathan Milling’s Professional Affiliations and Associations:
- Member of South Carolina Bar
- Member of Richland County Bar Association
- Licensed to Practice in United States District Court for South Carolina
- Licensed to Practice in Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Licensed to Practice in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Licensed to Practice in the District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Licensed to Practice in the United States Supreme Court
- Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel Attorney for District of South Carolina
- Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel Attorney for the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Co Panel Representative for the District of South Carolina
- Member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Superlawyers Rising Star 2014
- AV Preeminent Rating with Martindale Hubbel
- Member of the Order of Wig and Robe
- Member of American Agricultural Law Association
- Member of Rotary International
- Jonathan also has extensive experience as a guest lecturer on Continuing Legal Education (CLE) topics and has frequently served as a guest legal speaker on local radio show.
- Jonathan also volunteers his time as a YMCA youth soccer coach and a youth Sunday School teacher.